Purpose

This blog is mainly my devotional thoughts and musings about life, parenthood, marriage. I want to leave this as a legacy to my children so they know what their mother believed and thought. My life purpose is to know and love God and to serve Him whole-heartedly. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." - Proverbs 3:5, 6

Saturday 27 December 2008

Noah Asked Jesus to Live in His Heart!

Every night at bedtime we pray with Noah. We say, "Thank you for..." and he fills in the blanks. Then we finish off, and I always make sure I pray that Noah will ask Jesus to be his Saviour and live in his heart. Well tonight, after Noah thanked God for Mommy, Daddy, Adam and "me", I prayed the same thing again, and Noah asked about Jesus living in his heart. I asked if he wanted to ask Jesus to live in his heart and he said yes! So we prayed together. Noah prayed (repeating after me, of course!), "Dear Jesus, thank You for loving me. Please live in my heart and be my Saviour. Amen."

Then Noah wanted to tell Daddy about Jesus living in his heart! I know he's only two and this is a first step to a relationship with God, but I'm so thankful that he's on his way to knowing and loving Jesus. Ian and I made a big deal out of him doing this, and reminded him that now Jesus would always be with him. He went to bed very happy!

I'm thankful to God for allowing us to lay this foundation with our children. I just pray that both Adam and Noah will grow to be men of God, standing up for truth and standing strong in their faith. Praise the Lord for these first steps!

No comments: