Purpose

This blog is mainly my devotional thoughts and musings about life, parenthood, marriage. I want to leave this as a legacy to my children so they know what their mother believed and thought. My life purpose is to know and love God and to serve Him whole-heartedly. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." - Proverbs 3:5, 6

Saturday 18 May 2019

Thankful

Starting before Christmas, for several months leading up to my hospitalization, and for awhile afterwards, my liver was so swollen that it was pressing into my stomach, intestines, and lungs.  I also had a lot of fluid built up that was pressing into my organs as well.  This made it difficult to breathe, eat, or function properly.  I was winded just walking a few steps and had to sit down frequently to catch my breath, and I was using a wheelchair to get around if I had to go more than a few steps anywhere.  After I got out of the hospital, my legs were so weak, I still needed a wheelchair for awhile as I worked to regain my strength.  Slowly over the past two months, I have been getting stronger.

Well today, my family went to West Edmonton Mall, and I was able to walk from one end of the mall to the other with no breaks!  Not only that, tonight I was able to exercise on my elliptical for 20 minutes straight on a medium tension!  I am praising God for the healing work he's done in my liver.  It is still a bit swollen and gets agitated, but the fluid is gone.  For now, it is functioning well enough even though there are tumours in it, and I am so thankful.

To think that two months ago, doctors thought I would be dead within the week, and now I am eating, walking, exercising, and able to do a few things around the house (like some laundry and light cleaning).  This is a miracle!  Praise God for what He is doing!


No comments: