Purpose

This blog is mainly my devotional thoughts and musings about life, parenthood, marriage. I want to leave this as a legacy to my children so they know what their mother believed and thought. My life purpose is to know and love God and to serve Him whole-heartedly. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." - Proverbs 3:5, 6

Monday 10 March 2008

Hugged by God

I had the most amazing time of prayer this morning. It wasn't anything long or out of the ordinary. It has actually been awhile since I've had a good prayer time - I've been too "busy" to stop and talk to God, so I've been missing Him. (Of course, it's my own fault - I chose to do other things... why don't I ever learn?)

Anyway, I had a lot of dreams about my dad last night, and I was just thanking God for being my Abba Father, "Daddy God". I suddenly felt God hugging me. It was the most surreal, amazing, fantastic feeling I've ever had. I felt like I was just curled up on His lap and I could actually feel His arms around me. Does that sound bizarre? I just sat there and basked in His presence and enjoyed my hug from my Daddy. He really is the Father to the fatherless and the loving Father.

I just had to share my wonderful moment from this morning. I pray that I never forget that feeling or forget how much God loves me and just wants me to trust Him as my Daddy. What an awesome God.

No comments: