Purpose

This blog is mainly my devotional thoughts and musings about life, parenthood, marriage. I want to leave this as a legacy to my children so they know what their mother believed and thought. My life purpose is to know and love God and to serve Him whole-heartedly. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." - Proverbs 3:5, 6

Friday 18 May 2007

God's Love

Yesterday morning I was praying, and the most amazing thing happened. I was just overwhelmed by the presence of God. I was sick yesterday, and I started off praying for strength to get through the day - you can't be sick when you're a stay-at-home mom! Suddenly, I just stopped praying, and I was washed in love. It is so hard to describe, but it was just as if God was showing me how much He loved me and that He would take care of everything. I didn't need to finish praying. I just sat there and basked in the love. I have never felt anything like that before. I am so thankful that God gave me that glimpse of Himself. I felt calm and peaceful through the whole day. My kids actually behaved themselves all day, and I was able to rest and sleep a lot. They napped well so I could sleep that afternoon. God is so good. I just want to remember that feeling of love because I know I will face hard times sooner or later, and I need to remember that God loves me and is taking care of me even when it may not feel like He's there. Thank You, Lord.

No comments: