Purpose

This blog is mainly my devotional thoughts and musings about life, parenthood, marriage. I want to leave this as a legacy to my children so they know what their mother believed and thought. My life purpose is to know and love God and to serve Him whole-heartedly. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." - Proverbs 3:5, 6

Saturday 12 May 2007

On Being a Mom

Tomorrow is Mother's Day. I have two boys - Adam is three and Noah just turned one. I love them more than life. I never thought that it would be possible to find joy in wiping snotty noses or having my shirt soaked with tears or, even worse, vomit! Having a tiny head curl into my shoulder with two tiny arms wrapped around my neck - what amazing bliss! I know they have no idea that tomorrow is Mother's Day, but I do. I know the strength of a mother's love. I know the pain when a big boy doesn't want a hug from Mommy. I know that the power of a kiss can heal a hurt. I know the special smile a baby has for his mommy when she walks into the room. I know that when they are older, they will understand how much I love them, but for now, all they know is that Mommy is always here and she takes care of them. And that's all they need to know.

No comments: