Purpose

This blog is mainly my devotional thoughts and musings about life, parenthood, marriage. I want to leave this as a legacy to my children so they know what their mother believed and thought. My life purpose is to know and love God and to serve Him whole-heartedly. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." - Proverbs 3:5, 6

Saturday 14 July 2007

On Romans 2 - Judging Others

"You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge the other, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things." (v. 1)

This is so true! I am guilty of judging people. And usually I judge people about the things I am most critical of in myself. It makes me feel better to point out my flaws in other people! (And it shouldn't!) I am totally condemning myself, and I know it.

I know I need to look at the plank in my own eye first and stop judging other people. I pray that God will help me see people as He sees them - through grace and mercy and love. He hurts for their flaws and longs to help them. I need to have the same attitude towards people.

No comments: