Purpose

This blog is mainly my devotional thoughts and musings about life, parenthood, marriage. I want to leave this as a legacy to my children so they know what their mother believed and thought. My life purpose is to know and love God and to serve Him whole-heartedly. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." - Proverbs 3:5, 6

Friday 14 September 2007

Adam's First Day in AWANA

Last night, Adam had his first AWANA meeting. He is in Cubbies! I have to admit that it was very difficult to leave him at the church by himself. I know he wasn't by himself, but this was the first time I had left him for an organized activity and I wasn't in the building! I can't believe he's three! I feel like I just gave birth to him, and he's already in a school-like group!

He was a bit nervous on the way to the church because I had told him that I would leave him and come pick him up afterwards. But once we got there, he saw the other kids and the books, and he couldn't have cared less if I was there or not! (sniff!) I suppose that's a good thing! I had warned him on the way there that he needed to listen to his teacher and not talk all the time (which he has a habit of doing!).

So I went to pick him up afterward, and he had a fantastic time! His teacher said he was quiet (miracle!) but it was probably because there were some loud, energetic girls in the group! On the way home, I asked him what he had done there. He said they sang songs, played games, learned stories. He said that God loves him (yay!). He made a picture with a big "A" in pipe cleaners to spell Adam, and it said "Jesus loves Adam". We hung it on his wall in his bedroom when we got home. Before bed, we went over his memory verse for next week: "God created the heavens and the earth" Genesis 1:1. I can't believe he's already memorizing Scripture. What a great program! He almost knows it already - with some prompting.

I am so glad that he had fun. He can't wait to get his Cubbies vest after two more nights (they have to go three times before they get their vests). He was looking through his Cubbies book all day today! He is so excited! I am so thankful that Adam has the opportunity to learn about God in this way. What a blessing!

1 comment:

Healthy Family said...

WOW!! The memories, I don't know where exactly they "loose" their excitment throughout the years for learning about God but I pray that the fire still burns bright within them they just react in a different way... I'm sitting here crying reading it as I still do remember those wonderful "firsts" and in a way it's great to see them start to flap their wing's but it so tug's on a mother's heart!! sniff sniff... KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!