Purpose

This blog is mainly my devotional thoughts and musings about life, parenthood, marriage. I want to leave this as a legacy to my children so they know what their mother believed and thought. My life purpose is to know and love God and to serve Him whole-heartedly. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." - Proverbs 3:5, 6

Tuesday 11 September 2007

On Being Wise

I've been reading Proverbs 14 - 15, and there are so many things that a wise person does! Here's a list:

A wise/prudent man:
  • fears the Lord
  • finds knowledge
  • gives thought to his ways
  • is upright
  • will flourish
  • is rewarded for his ways
  • gives thought to his steps
  • fears the Lord and shuns evil
  • is crowned with knowledge
  • is kind to the needy
  • plans what is good and finds love and faithfulness
  • has a secure fortress that will be a refuge for his children
  • is discerning
  • heeds correction
  • spreads knowledge
  • pursues righteousness
  • brings joy to his father
  • keeps a straight course
  • has pure thoughts that are pleasing to God
  • weighs his answers
I pray that my boys will be wise and seek the Lord.

No comments: