Purpose

This blog is mainly my devotional thoughts and musings about life, parenthood, marriage. I want to leave this as a legacy to my children so they know what their mother believed and thought. My life purpose is to know and love God and to serve Him whole-heartedly. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." - Proverbs 3:5, 6

Sunday 12 February 2017

More Waiting - God is in Control, Not Me

I'm still waiting.  Since the CT scan showed spots on my liver and my echocardiogram showed some irregularity with my heart, my oncologist wants to see if the cancer has spread and if I'm healthy enough to start chemotherapy.  So, I need a liver biopsy, MRI, bone scan, and an appointment with my cardiologist.  More waiting!  Another thing that I’m learning in the waiting is that we are not in control.  This is very hard for a control freak like me to accept.  I like to plan everything and know what is going to happen.  I'm a teacher!  I have meal plans, lesson plans, year plans, unit plans, a calendar on my fridge and on my phone, and the list goes on.  But here’s the truth: we’re not in control of what happens to us.  The only thing we are in control of is how we react to what happens to us.  Plans change.  Disaster strikes. Our children disobey.  It rains when we planned an outside activity.  The stove stops working right before we want to cook supper.  Disease hits.  Little or big, things happen that are beyond our control.  But guess who is in control:  God.  I don’t know about you, but it gives me great comfort to know that Someone who is loving, righteous, kind, pure, holy, perfect, and who knows everything is in control and not me.  And He’s working everything for the good of those who love Him (Romans 8:28).  So in the waiting, I’m learning to let go and just rest in knowing that God knows what is going to happen and He’s got it.  

No comments: