Purpose

This blog is mainly my devotional thoughts and musings about life, parenthood, marriage. I want to leave this as a legacy to my children so they know what their mother believed and thought. My life purpose is to know and love God and to serve Him whole-heartedly. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." - Proverbs 3:5, 6

Friday 25 January 2008

The Flu Strikes!

I've been sick for the past two weeks. It's amazing how being sick takes precedence over everything! The flu literally struck me down last Tuesday. I was fine in the morning, then by after lunch I was in bed with a fever sleeping the afternoon away. Ian had to take Wednesday off of work to look after the boys, and my mother-in-law took them on Thursday. I was too dizzy to stand up. I slept for almost four days straight.

By Friday, the fever had left, but I was still really sick. I had to miss the all-day scrapbooking at church on Saturday. I felt awful - I was supposed to be helping with the day, but I had to leave it with Heidi and Eva. They did a fabulous job, but I always feel guilty when I'm supposed to be helping and can't. I was also really bummed to have to miss the day. I look forward to it all year!

I was finally better by Tuesday, but still really tired and weak. I've been sleeping in the afternoons while the boys nap, then going to bed right after them in the evenings. I feel like I've lost two weeks.

The good news is that I lost seven pounds! I know I'll gain most of it back, but it's still the only good thing about being sick! LOL!

The bad part is that I haven't really been spending time with God, other than to pray that I will get better quickly and that my family won't get sick too! I'm really hoping to have my strength back soon so I can stay awake when the boys are asleep and get back into my routine.

I'm thankful to be feeling a bit better now. This one hit hard. Being sick really helps you prioritize what HAS to be done and what can wait! I guess that's something else to be thankful for.

1 comment:

Living Beyond said...

Glad you are feeling better - glad you lost 7 lbs hehe!!