Purpose

This blog is mainly my devotional thoughts and musings about life, parenthood, marriage. I want to leave this as a legacy to my children so they know what their mother believed and thought. My life purpose is to know and love God and to serve Him whole-heartedly. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." - Proverbs 3:5, 6

Wednesday 9 January 2008

On Daniel 2 - God's Sovereignty

After God revealed to Daniel what Nebuchadnezzar's dream was, Daniel went to the executioner and asked him to bring Daniel to the king. I find it interesting that when the king asks Daniel, "Are you able to tell me what I saw in my dream and interpret it?" (v. 26), Daniel responds by saying, "No wise man, enchanter, magician, or diviner can explain to the king the mystery he has asked about," (v. 27.) When his life is on the line, wouldn't his first response be YES! But even in this dire situation, Daniel gives the credit and glory to God. "But there is a God in heaven who reveals mysteries. He has shown King Nebuchadnezzar what will happen in days to come." (v. 28).

Daniel goes on to explain the king's dream to him. When he is finished, "King Nebuchadnezzar fell prostrate before Daniel and paid him honor and ordered that an offering and incense be presented to him. The king said to Daniel, 'Surely your God is the God of gods and the Lord of kings and a revealer of mysteries, for you were able to reveal this mystery.'" (vv. 46 - 47)

God used this situation to glorify Himself. Nebuchadnezzar was the most powerful ruler in the world at the time, and he acknowledged that God was supreme. What a testimony to the people. Their king worshiped the Lord. What else would they do? Daniel and his friends were given high positions in the kingdom. God had established Himself within the kingdom of Babylon through the faith of his servant Daniel.

What more can I do but to acknowledge the Lord among men and seek Him in all things, especially when things are difficult. I also need to remember to give Him the credit and praise when He helps me through those tough times.

No comments: