Purpose

This blog is mainly my devotional thoughts and musings about life, parenthood, marriage. I want to leave this as a legacy to my children so they know what their mother believed and thought. My life purpose is to know and love God and to serve Him whole-heartedly. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." - Proverbs 3:5, 6

Sunday 6 January 2008

A New Year, A New Commitment

This past year has been very challenging for me on a personal level. I have been more physically tired than I've been in my life (I'm wondering if it's medical - I'll be going to the doctor later this month to find out). But this has taken a toll on me as a mom and a woman of faith.

I have been lazy and neglected my time with God and my personal health. So this weekend, I spent some time in prayer and asked God to help me focus myself to see what goals I should have for this year. I have started a Health Journal to help me with my physical, social, spiritual and marital goals in an effort to become more healthy.

This means that tomorrow I will be starting a healthier "diet" plan, exercising and making sure I spend time in prayer every morning. I will also be working through a book of the Bible each month to help me become closer to God. How can I know His heart if I don't spend time in His Word?

The verse God keeps calling me back to is Deuteronomy 8:3b, "...man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of the Lord." This is going to be my life verse for 2008, to keep reminding myself that I need to spend time in the Word and that food is not all-important!

For January, I will be looking at the book of Daniel, since that's the book I'm feeling led to right now.

I'm trusting God that 2008 will be a year of tremendous growth for me on a spiritual level and on a physical level. I know that means I will likely go through some difficult stuff, but I know God will help me through it and teach me as we go through it.

I made this pretty Health Journal to help me stay motivated to journal what I'm doing! Hopefully that will help keep me on track!

No comments: