Purpose

This blog is mainly my devotional thoughts and musings about life, parenthood, marriage. I want to leave this as a legacy to my children so they know what their mother believed and thought. My life purpose is to know and love God and to serve Him whole-heartedly. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." - Proverbs 3:5, 6

Tuesday 7 August 2007

Flowers at my Door

Look what was on my doorstep this morning! What a great surprise. I really needed this after the weekend I had! Thank you so much to whoever left this for me (I think I know who...). You made me smile!

I appreciate Shelley's comment from my Thrill of God entry:

Oh how I feel your pain - we have great expectation and then the enemy who prowls around looking for someone to devour TRIES to discourage us!! I learnt in my post that my Thrill was not the experience but it was God Himself -I am going to pray for you this week that God Himself would just Thrill you - and like I have found it is definitely in the unexpected moments.

I really appreciate that perspective - I was looking for the thrill in some experience or part of my day, but it is God Himself who I should be thrilled with. Thank you for reminding me of that, Shelley! I know God is amazing, and I need to rely on Him.

No comments: