Purpose

This blog is mainly my devotional thoughts and musings about life, parenthood, marriage. I want to leave this as a legacy to my children so they know what their mother believed and thought. My life purpose is to know and love God and to serve Him whole-heartedly. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." - Proverbs 3:5, 6

Wednesday 15 August 2007

Music Speaks

I'm finding myself listening to lots of Christian music lately and really thinking about the words.

Shelley had a link today to a great song (Word of God Speak).

Here are a few more:

I Can Only Imagine


How Great is Our God

The Potter's Hand

These songs speak so beautifully of God's love and plan for us.

2 comments:

Living Beyond said...

I love everyone of those songs and they each mean something personally to me too.

The first one could easily bring me to tears as I think back to one of the youth that grew up under the ministry God allowed us. His Mum had been ill for many years - when she passed away Clint sang this song at her funeral. You need to know Clint - full of passion and a great musican. He sang/proclaimed this song at her funeral it was very powerful.

The second song just makes me smile when I think back to our more recent vacation. We were driving from Lake Louise to Jasper and Shane and I were singing our lungs out to this one. I love it!

Potters Hand - need I say more!

Living Beyond said...

http://store.integritymusic.com/product.asp?prodid=1391

If you can get on this link click on song #12 The more I seek you - and it will give you a preview of the song I mentioned in another post - hope it works