Purpose

This blog is mainly my devotional thoughts and musings about life, parenthood, marriage. I want to leave this as a legacy to my children so they know what their mother believed and thought. My life purpose is to know and love God and to serve Him whole-heartedly. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." - Proverbs 3:5, 6

Friday 10 August 2007

The Thrill of God - Continued

"Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; He rises to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for Him." Isaiah 30:18

Okay, so this Thrill of God thing is so not what I expected! I haven't actually been thrilled yet, but God is bringing me to a lot of realizations that I have been avoiding or ignoring!

I am completely at the end of myself. And while it's not fun, I am surprisingly thankful and relieved. I have been living so long on my own strength that it is a complete relief to have to just rest in God and rely on Him. And stupid me, that's what I was supposed to be doing all along! I am really so thankful that God has forced me to just give over control to Him. I don't have the strength to do anymore by myself. It is amazingly freeing to live like this. And the more I rely on God, the more I'm seeing Him in everything!

And believe it or not, Adam has actually been more obedient lately. Coincidence? Probably not. I'm still waiting for my "God Thrill", but I know it's coming, and what I've been experiencing is so valuable already, so I can wait.

Thank you Shelley for this challenge!

No comments: