Purpose

This blog is mainly my devotional thoughts and musings about life, parenthood, marriage. I want to leave this as a legacy to my children so they know what their mother believed and thought. My life purpose is to know and love God and to serve Him whole-heartedly. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." - Proverbs 3:5, 6

Sunday 19 August 2007

Adam Asked Jesus Into His Heart!

Praise the Lord! Adam asked Jesus to come and live in his heart this morning at church! We were listening to the message (I didn't think Adam was listening), but Pastor Shane said something about Adam (of the bible) and my Adam said, "No, I'm three!" (Lately he tells everyone that he's three years old!). So I explained to him that Pastor Shane was talking about a different Adam - the one in the Bible.

Then Adam listened some more, and Shane mentioned God. Adam said, "Where's God?"

I said, "Where is He?" (because Adam knows the answer).

Adam said, "He's everywhere." Then he said, "Jesus is everywhere too."

I said, "That's right. And He can live in your heart too if you want Him to. Do you want to ask Him to live in your heart?"

Adam said yes, and I told him that we would ask after Pastor Shane finished speaking.

So after the service, I asked Adam if he still wanted to ask Jesus to live in his heart, and he did, so I told him he had to pray and ask Jesus himself. So he did! He was so excited, he told Daddy right away. Then Shelley K. came to talk to him after church, and he told her too!

I know he's young and he doesn't understand all the implications and sin and his need for a savior. But he does know that Jesus is in his heart, and for a three-year-old, I think that's pretty good. I just pray now that God will grow the seed that's been planted and produce tons of fruit for His Kingdom in Adam. I pray that God will make Himself more and more real to Adam and increase Adam's understanding of Him.

I pray the same thing for Noah, of course. When he's a bit older, I just pray that he will ready to ask Jesus into his heart too. My greatest desire as a parent is to see my children in Heaven with me one day. I'm so happy that Adam is on the right track so far.

By the way, he behaved so well at church today that he got a slurpee on the way home! He was fantastic today! Praise the Lord!

2 comments:

Living Beyond said...

I am soo excited I can hardly stand it!!!! Marked for life!! Adam is now marked for life!!! I think of Psalm 139 13-15

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be!!

That last verse is Adam's verse - God knew it ahead of time and ordained the day when the Spirit would prick his little heart and allow him to understand who his creator is!! Yeah God!

I'm jumping up and down with you Shannon - ouch I better stop - it's not such a good idea at my age!! haha

Living Beyond said...

Hey Shannon - check out the blog for another big praise!!!