Purpose

This blog is mainly my devotional thoughts and musings about life, parenthood, marriage. I want to leave this as a legacy to my children so they know what their mother believed and thought. My life purpose is to know and love God and to serve Him whole-heartedly. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." - Proverbs 3:5, 6

Saturday 11 August 2007

Joyful Children


The boys were in swimming lessons for the past two weeks. They had so much fun! Look at those smiles!

This was Adam's first time in lessons by himself, and he was pretty nervous at first. The first lesson, he cried the whole time and refused to go in the pool! Eventually, he relaxed and enjoyed himself. He likes splashing and jumping into the pool (though the teacher did not always share his enthusiasm for splashing!).

This was also Noah's first time in lessons. Ian and I took turns going with him in the pool. It is so much fun to take him in. He's fearless! He went down the slide with me with no problem! He loved jumping to me into the pool, and had no problem with having his head dunked underwater (although he needs to close his mouth when we do that!).

They both had tons of fun. It is so nice to see them smiling and laughing and having fun. God must see us that way when we are joyful. If I delight in my kids' happiness this much, then how much more must God delight in us when we are full of joy and exuberance for Him? I'm so glad I have a loving Father God who has given me these great kids and who loves me as His own child.

Being a parent has helped me understand God's love so much more (though I am still far from understanding completely - and will be until I get to Heaven!). I love my kids so much, and if God loves me even more than I love them, then it's a pretty big love!